We recognize that it is tough to raise youth these days with all of the distractions and influences around them. We also recognize that you, the parent, are the primary teacher of the Faith to your child. Our goal is to partner with you by supporting you in your role as parent and guardian.
There are several ways that you, as parent and guardian, can be involved in the ministry that we offer.
1. We encourage you to pray and talk with your youth about the Faith. Encourage them to walk with Christ and to be involved in our community. Teach them the Catholic Faith.
2. Bring them to Mass each weekend with you. Be consistent. When they see it is a priority for you hopefully it will encourage them. Participate in Mass. Lastly, encourage them to attend youth functions.
3. Make Mass and youth group a priority. Don't put it at the end of all the other things they have going on like sports or activities. Let church be at the top of the list for you and them.
4. Get involved and be a part of the youth ministry of our parish. Volunteer to be a teacher or Core member (see the Core Member section under the Volunteers link) , cook a meal, chaperone a trip or a retreat, sponsor a youth that is less fortunate than your own, and create friendships with other parents in our church community.
5. Pray for your child/children. Pray for our church community. Pray for our youth programs.
If you would like to be more involved, contact us and let us know how you would like to help.
Please contact Doug Martin at 334-792-3065 for more information.